Department of Food Science and Nutrition in Chicago, Illinois
Our graduate program offers food science degrees and certificates in food safety, food technology, and food process engineering. With an enrollment of over 150 students, the masters degree program has a flexible structure that meets the needs of both full-time students and working professional interested in advancing their training. Since the department leverages the power of collaborative research between IIT and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), our students benefit immensely from focused interaction with FDA scientists.
Food Science Degrees and Certificates: Masters of Science Degrees | Professional Certificates
Why Study Food Science at IIT?
- Program faculty are drawn from world-class IIT, FDA, and industry scientists
- Students have the opportunity to conduct cutting edge research at IFSH under the supervision of IIT Faculty and FDA Scientists
- Face-to-Face classes are offered on nights and weekends for those living in Chicagoland
- Online classes allow those who work to attend classes at their own convenience
- Students are encouraged to take part in meetings, conferences, and taskforces that provide unparalleled networking opportunities
- Proximity to Chicago means access to hundreds of employers with jobs and internships
- Both Thesis and Non-Thesis Master's Degrees, as well as Certificate Programs, are available.
- Students interact with over 60 member companies affiliated with IFSH
|News and Events |
|IIT Students Continue to Win Awards |
Ms. Wenjing Li (right) was awarded the Technical Division on Reference Materials (TDRM) Award at the 127th AOAC Annual Meeting.
Earlier this year Ms. Xi Zhang won 2nd place in the IFT Toxicology and Safety Evaluation Poster Competition. For other student news, click here.
Last modified: 03/06/2014 10:11:54