Welcome to the official web site of the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC). We hope you will spend some time exploring the types of services we offer and various ways we promote overall well-being. If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a staff member at SHWC, please contact us at 312.567.7550 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view departmental updates and events, click the "Health Services" tab.
If you have traveled or plan to travel overseas please check in with us.
The Student Health & Wellness Mission Statement
The goal of the SHWC is to provide campus health and wellness resources that enable the student to successfully achieve their academic goals and promote lifelong wellness.
To achieve this mission we:
• Address primary medical and psychological health needs.
• Provide a quality standard of primary medical, gynecological, and mental health care for Illinois Institute of Technology students, with sensitivity to age, gender, disability, religion, culture, ethnic background, and sexual orientation.
• Provide quality support for health care through laboratory, insurance, secretarial, and referral resources.
• Provide health education to prevent illness, to teach self-help strategies, and increase awareness of potentially unhealthy practices so that students may choose their optimal healthy life style.
• Empower students through education and professional guidance to become self-directed and well-informed consumers of health care services.
• Adhere to established ethical principles and codes of professional practice, including patient confidentiality, privacy, dignity, and informed consent.
• Provide an environment of caring with a non-judgmental approach, to maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect, and to uphold and protect our patient’s rights in the process of health care delivery.
• Participate in the teaching of psychology externs, and collegiate nursing students to stimulate intellectual and clinical excellence in the care of our patients.