CTBUH 2013 Awards Symposium
CTBUH Tall Building Symposium and Exhibition
November 7, 2013
The IIT-based Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat invites students and faculty to participate in a full-day symposium and exhibition featuring the architects and developers behind the 2013 CTBUH Tall Building Awards winners and featured finalists.
This is an outstanding opportunity for students to meet with some of the most influential practitioners in the tall-building industry, convened in one place on one day: November 7, Hermann Hall, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA.
Hosted by awards jury chair Jeanne Gang, Principal of Studio Gang Architects, confirmed speakers include:
- Rem Koolhaas, architect for CCTV Beijing, the 2013 Best Tall Building in Asia;
- Shuguang Wang, Executive Manager of China BROAD Group, for their pre-fabricated construction system, the Innovation Award co-winner;
- Johannes de Jong, Head of Technology, KONE; the Innovation Award co-winner;
- Henry Cobb, recipient of the Lynn S. Beedle Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Clyde Baker, recipient of the Fazlur R. Khan Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Jim Goettsch, architect for Sowwah Square, the 2013 Best Tall Building in Middle East & Africa;
- Irvine Sellar, Founder, Sellar Property, Owner, the Shard, London, the 2013 Best Tall Building in Europe;
As well as senior representatives from Aldar Properties, ADD, MVSA Architects, and Gravity Partnership.
View the full program.
Reserve your place now: register here.
Photo: CCTV Headquarters, Beijing, Rem Koolhaas / Office for Metropolitan Architecture (© Butyrskii Igor via CTBUH)
Free and open to the public, faculty, and students.
Registration is required.
Hermann Hall Auditorium
3241 South Federal
Chicago, IL 60616