Susan Conger-AustinStudio Professor
Director of Foreign Affairs
Principal, S. Conger Architects
- Architectural Design and Theory
- M.Arch., Princeton University
- B.A. Economics and Art History (double major), Stanford University
ARCH 419: Architecture IX
ARCH 497: Secondary Public School in Chicago
ARCH 588: Thesis Preparation Seminar
ARCH 591: Research and Thesis
ARCH 593: Masters Project
ARCH 597: Advanced Facade Systems
Research & Major Accomplishments
With a two-year grant from the Richard H. Driehaus Foundation, Susan Conger-Austin is studying how the physical environment supports and transforms teaching and learning.
She has also participated in an international design workshop in Santiago, Chile during summer 2010 with five other universities from Spain, Brazil and Chile.
Conger-Austin has lectured at the Universidad Major in Santiago, Chile.
- Gallery for contemporary Japanese prints under construction
- 2008 Fulbright Senior Specialist Grant to teach at Universidad Mayor in Santiago, Chile
- 2002 Notable Design Winner – Chicago Public Schools Design Competition, Small Schools Competition
Selected PublicationsArticle in architectural journal, SPAM_arq, published by SPAM_arq ediciones, Santiago, Chile. Article co-authored by Isabel Deves and Andres Elton entitled: “The Legacy of Crown Hall”.
Article in 306090, an architectural journal published by Princeton Architectural Press. Topic: The Blurring of Landscape Design and Architecture in Architectural Education