The College offers students and faculty robust electronic and computing resources in conjunction with IIT’s Office of Technology Services. There is wireless access (802.11n) in all College controlled spaces.
The COA continues to provide wired network connections when appropriate for student and faculty use and all faculty offices, studio spaces, the library and COA computer labs are hard-wired.
The College maintains multimedia labs in both Crown Hall and 3410 South State Street. All of the PCs include a variety of software products that support curricular aims of architecture faculty. Many different seats of software are offered, giving each workstation the following capabilities:
- 3D modeling
- Parametric modeling
- Production of photorealistic renderings and animation
- Image/Animation editing
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Software development/scripting
- Energy/Structural analysis
- Computer Aided Machining (CAM)
- Black and white/color laser printers
- Black and white/color plotters for larger format documents
- Archival quality plotting (3410 media lab only)
Moving forward, the COA is continually working to integrate new technologies into its facilities to ensure that our students are as prepared as possible to work in today’s cutting-edge architecture and design firms.
Multimedia Lab Hardware and Software (PDF)