William MaurerIndustry Professor - INTM Outreach Coordinator
Manufacturing Operations and Project Management
Industrial Technology and Management
Office: 3424 South (TS), Room 4011
Office Hours: By appointment
Phone: INTM Office 312.567.3654
Fax: INTM Office 312.567.3655
- Teaches INTM 315 Industrial Enterprise, INTM 322 Industrial Project Management, and INTM 420/520 Applied Strategies for the Competitive Enterprise
- Operational Turnaround Management, Sales, Strategic Planning and Deployment, New Product Introduction, Standards / Systems Development, and Plastic Processing / Tooling Development
- MS, Project Management, Keller Graduate School of Management; B.S., Biology, University of Illinois
Research & Major Accomplishments
Maurer came to INTM as a Senior Consultant for the Manufacturing Productivity Center at IIT. His previous positions include Process Engineering Manager, Specialty Packaging Corporation, and Project Leader, A.B. Dick Company, Chicago.
Maurer's experience in manufacturing operations include production management, new product development, expanding manufacturing capacity, improving profitability, P & L management. He has conducted training in Lean Implementation In Operations and the Lean Office, Coaching Skills For The Manufacturing Manager, World Class Project Management, and Managing Workplace Conflict.
As a Management Consultant, Prof. Maurer has developed and deployed strategic plans to improve sales, productivity and cost to companies in a variety of environments and all in highly competitive markets. He has helped a number of companies become certified suppliers to FORTUNE 500 firms.
- Leading IPRO Instructor for sponsors that include Shure, Inc., the Marmon Group of Companies, Arrow Gear, Illinois Blower, A. Finkl & Sons, Buhrke Industries, Versatility Tool Works, Financial Managements Systems, Abrasive-Form, and Midwest Steel & Services
- School of Applied Technology 2013 Excellence in Teaching, IIT IPRO Spring 2013 Dean's Choice Award: Integration of Process Improvements with A. Finkl & Sons