Data Analytics, IT-D 527
About this Course:
This is a hands-on course that focuses on the creation, maintenance, and analysis of large informatics databases. Concepts such as data modeling, probability, linear regression, and statistical data analysis are covered in depth. In addition, this course will use large simulated equities, healthcare, insurance, and banking database systems.
Relational Database and SQL experience required for enrollment.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and discuss concepts such as data modeling, probability, linear regression and statistical data analysis
- Understand large simulated equities, insurance, and banking database systems
- Creating tables
- SQL review
- Working with the Internet
- Loading samples into tables
- Introduction to Quantitative Statistical Systems
- Distribution and Introduction to Randomness
- Two (or more) Properties of Randomness
- Skewness and Kurtosis
- Covariance and Correlation Coefficient
- Introduction to Regression
- Linear Model Analytics
Grading/CEU award for this course includes projects, labs and exams.