Network+ Certification Training II, IT-O 441
About this Course:
Students learn the details, use, and configuration of network applications. Currently protocols and application technologies considered include SNMP, SMTP, IMAP, POP, MIME, BOOTP, DHCP, SAMBA, NFS, AFS, X, HTTP, DNS, NetBIOS, and CIFS/SMB. Windows workgroups and domains: file and printer sharing, remote access, and Windows networking are addressed.
IT-O 440 Network+ Certification Training or equivalent experience.
Who Should Attend:
Technical professionals interested in enhancing their career with certification
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Implement various protocol services using the Linux operating system
- Discuss how data flows and moves through the Internet
- Know configuration and operation of Linux as a server
- Dynamic host configuration protocol
- The domain name system
- File transfer protocol
- SMTP and Email
- Hypertext transfer protocol
- Securing sockets with SSL
- Simple network management protocol
- Secure Shell (remote access)
- MPLS-Based virtual private networks
- Network address translation
- Firewalls and IP Security
- Voice over Internet Protocol
- Network file systems
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams and research paper.