Android Open Handset Application Development, IT-O 556
About this Course:
This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop modern applications on handheld device platforms such as the Apple iPhone and Google Android.
IT 411 Java Programming or equivalent experience is required for enrollment.
Who Should Attend:
Students interested in learning how to build mobile applications for the Google Android mobileplatform or others seeking to better understand mobile application development process.
- Introduction to the Android OS and the Android SDK
- Exploring the Android SDK Tools
- Designing a Mobile Application in Android
- Background processing: Services, Alarms and Notifications
- Android UI Inputs, Accelerometer and sensors
- Graphics with Canvas and Open GLES
- Location and Networking APIs
- Media: playing, streaming and recording audio and video.