Embedded Systems and Reconfigurable Logic, IT-T 492
About this Course:
This course covers embedded system design fundamentals. Working with various microcontrollers, microprocessors, and DSPs, the student will discover hardware, software, and firmware design tradeoffs, tool chains, and best practices in current embedded systems development. Laboratory exercise and experience reinforce the lecture concepts. A course project encapsulates all topics culminating in an embedded system designed and implemented from the ground up. The student should be familiar with analog and digital design methods, computer architecture and structured/procedural programming techniques.
Who Should Attend:
Hardware and software developers requiring embedded systems knowledge and experience.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using a VOM meter to measure power values
- Produce an electronic research-based report on an electronic device
- Build an electronic kit and understand the principles and theory of operation
- Complete an embedded systems circuit design and present the actual implementation of the device
- Symbols, schematics and diagrams
- Electrical Devices; resistors, components, and using meters
- Electrical Components, capacitors, ohm's law
- Semiconductors and operation
- Diodes, semiconductors, components, meters and electronic equip
- Control Devices, PLC's, Piezo Crystals, Solar Cells
- Electronic Circuitry and Devices
- Soldering Basics
- Protect digital equipment from destruction (10 ways to destroy an Arduino)
- Setting up Arduino environment and understanding about Processing Language
- Simple Digital and Analog Input
- Getting Input from Sensors
- Using debugger kit
- Using displays covering interfacing text and graphical LCD displays.
- Wireless Communication covers wireless communication with the XBee protocol
- Up and Running
- Establishing Wireless communication
- Light Sensor, Twitter Reader
- Ethernet and Networking Using the internet with Arduino, build clients and servers
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Memory Tricks
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, quizzes and projects.