Maurice J. Frank , Ph.D.Professor Emeritus
Office: Engineering 1, Room 114
10 W. 32nd St.
Chicago, IL 60616
- Functional equations, associativity and related equations, iterative equations and systems; probability distribution theory, probabilistic geometry; iteration, nonlinear dynamics.
- Ph.D. - Illinois Insitute of Technology
Research & Major Accomplishments
- On the simultaneous associativity of F(x,y) and x+y-F(x,y), Aeqationes Math. (19) 1979, 194-226.
- Best-possible bounds for the distribution of a sum - a problem of Kolmogorov, with R.B. Nelsen and B. Schweizer, Probab. Theory Related Fields (74) 1987, 199-211.
- Convolutions for dependent random variables, in Advances in Probability Distributions with Given Marginals , Kluwer, 1991, 75-93.
- Generalization of independent response model for toxic mixtures, with C. Haas et.al., Chemosphere (34) 1997, 699-710.
- Associative Functions: Triangular Norms and Copulas, with C. Alsina and B. Schweizer, World Scientific, 2006.