Hemanshu Kaul , Ph.D.Associate Professor
Office: Engineering 1, Room 125C
10 W. 32nd Street
Chicago, IL 60616
Office Hours: M 1:45pm-3pm, W 4:30pm-5:30pm, and by appointment
Web: click here
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics, Discrete Optimization and Operations Research, Probabilistic Models and Methods in Discrete Mathematics.
- Ph.D. - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Global Optima Results for the Kauffman NK Model, with S.H. Jacobson, Mathematical Programming, Volume 106, 2006, 319-338.
- New Global Optima Results for the Kauffman NK Model: Handling Dependency, with S.H. Jacobson, Mathematical Programming, Special issue on 'Optimization under Uncertainty', Volume 108, 2006, 475-494.
- Extremal Graphs for a Graph Packing Theorem of Sauer and Spencer, with A. Kostochka, Combinatorics, Probability and Computing, Volume 16, 2007, 409-416.
- On a Graph Packing Conjecture of Bollobas, Eldridge, and Catlin, with A. Kostochka and G.Yu, Combinatorica, Volume 28, 2008, 469-485.
- Distinguishing Chromatic Number of Cartesian Products of Graphs, with J. Choi and S. Hartke, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, Volume 24, 2010, 82-100.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Mathematical Society
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
- Mathematical Association of America
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics