Michael Pelsmajer , Ph.DAssociate Professor
- Discrete Applied Mathematics: Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Applications, Algorithms & Complexity.
- Ph.D. - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Odd Crossing Number and Crossing Number Are Not the Same, with M.Schaefer and D.Stefankovic, Discrete and Computational Geometry 39, 2008, 442-454.
Republished in Twentieth Anniversary Volume: Discrete and Computational Geometry, J.E. Goodman, J. Pach, R. Pollack (Eds.), 2009.
- Fast Edge Colorings with Fixed Number of Colors to minimize Imbalance, with G.Calinescu, Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science 2006, Lecture Notes in Comput. Sci. 4337, Springer, Berlin, 2006, 117-128.
- Graph Minors and Reliable Single Message Transmission, with F. Fich, A. Kundgen, and R. Ramamurthi, Siam J. Discrete Math 19(4), 2005, 815-847.
- A List Analogue of Equitable Coloring, with A. V. Kostochka and D. B. West, Journal of Graph Theory, Volume 44, Issue 3, 2003, 166-177.
- Removing Even Crossings, with M.Schaefer and D.Stefankovic, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 97(4), 2007, 489-500.