Rajendra Mehta , Ph.D.Professor of Biology
Head, Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention, IITRI
Office: IITRI LSR
- B.S. Gujarat University
- Ph.D. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Research & Major Accomplishments
- "Cancer chemopreventive activity of resveratrol, a component of the human diet derived from Vitis vinifera (the grape)" Jang M., Udeani G., Sowing-Barillas K., Thomas C., Beecher C.W.W., Fong H., Farnsworth N.R., Kinghorn A.D., Mehta R.G., Moon R.C., and Pezzuto J.M. Science 275: 218-220, 1997.
- "Stage specific inhibition of mammary carcinogenesis by 1a- Hydroxyvitamin D5" Mehta R.G. Eu. J. Cancer 40: 2331-2337, 2004
- "Chemoprevention of chemically induced mammary and colon carcinogenesis by 1á-hydroxyvitamin D5" Murillo G. Mehta R.G. J. Steroid Biochem and Mol. Biol. 97, 129-136 2005
- "Growth inhibition of carcinogen-transformed MCF-12F breast epithelial cells and hormone-sensitive BT-474 breast cancer cells by 1á-hydroxyvitamin D5." Hussain-Hakimjee E., Peng X., Mehta R.R. and Mehta R.G. Carcinogenesis 27: 551-559,2006
- "Ptohibitin is a target gene of vitamin D involved in its antiproliferative action in breast cancer cells." Peng X., Mehta R.R., Wang S., Chellappan S. and Mehta R.G. Cancer Res. 66,7361-7369, 2006.