Marvin Rubenstein , Ph.D.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- B.S. University of Illinois at Chicago Circle, Liberal Arts and Sciences, 1972
- M.S. University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Microbiology, 1974
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Microbiology, 1977
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Effects of Antisense Oligonucleotides on Gene Expression
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- United States Patent #5,891,858 issued April 6, 1999. "Antisense Polynucleotide Inhibition of Epidermal Human Growth Factor Receptor Expression," Marvin Rubenstein, Skokie, IL, Hektoen Institute for Medical Research
- United States Patent #5,610,288 issued March 11, 1997. "Antisense Polynucleotide Inhibition of Epidermal Human Growth Factor Sensitive Cells," Marvin Rubenstein, Skokie, IL, Hektoen Institute for Medical Research
Seed, T.M., Rubenstein, M. and Anderson, K.M.: Early Effects of Castration and Replacement of Androgen on the Expression of Retro-Virus-Like Particles in Rat Ventral Prostate Epithelial Cells. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, 169:470, 1982.
Braun, D.P., Harris, J.E. and Rubenstein, M.: Relationship of Arachidonic Acid Metabolism to Indomethacin-Sensitive Immunoregulatory Function and Lymphocyte PGE Sensitivity in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells of Disseminated Solid Tumour Cancer Patients. Journal of Immunopharmacology, 6(3) 227, 1984.
Shaw, M.W., Bhatti, R., McKiel, C.F., Guinan, P.D. and Rubenstein, M.: Leukocytic Subset Distributions of Spleen. Cells Obtained from Rats Bearing Variants of the Dunning Prostatic Adenocarcinoma. Journal of Urology, 135:159, 1986.
Rubenstein, M.D., Shaw, M.W., McKiel, C.F., Ray, P.S. and Guinan, P.D.: Immunoregulatory Markers in Rats Carrying Dunning R3327 H, G, and MAT-LyLu Prostatic Adenocarcinoma Variants. Cancer Research, 47:178, 1987.
Guinan, P., Crispen, R. and Rubenstein, M.: BCG in the Management of Superficial Bladder Cancer: A Review. J. of Urology, 30(6):515, 1987.
Rubenstein, M., Muchnik, S., Chet, M., Shaw, M.W., McKiel, C.F. and Guinan, P.: Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes: The Effect of Bacillus Calmette Guerin on Helper/Suppressor-T Cell Ratios of Treated and Untreated Tumors. Journal of Urology, 146:1650-1653, 1991.
Rubenstein, M., Mirochnik, Y., Chow, P. and Guinan, P.: Antisense Oligonucleotide Intralesional Therapy of Human PC-3 Prostate Tumors Carried in Athymic Nude Mice. J. Surg. Oncol., 62:194-200, 1996.
Rubenstein, M., Shaw, M., Mirochnik, Y., Slobodskoy, L., Glick, R., Lichtor, T., Chou, P. and Guinan, P.: In Vivo Establishment of T98G Human Glioblastoma. Methods Find. Exp. Clin. Pharmacol. 21:391-393, 1999.
Rubenstein, M., Glick, R., Lichtor, T., Mirochnik, Y., Chou, P. and Guinan, P.: Treatment of the T98G Glioblastoma Cell Line with Antisense Oligonucleotides Directed Toward mRNA Encoding Transforming Growth Factor-alpha and the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor. Med. Oncol. 18:121-130, 2001.
Mirochnik, Y., Rubenstein, M. and Guinan, P.: Two constructed antibody derived vehicles for targeting oligonucleotides to prostate tumors expressing prostate specific antigen. Drug Delivery 11:161-167, 2004.
Rubenstein, M., Tsui, P., Guinan, P.: Bispecific antisense oligonucleotides with multiple bindings sites for the treatment of prostate tumors and their applicability to combination therapy. Meth. Find. Clin. Pharmacol. 28:515-518, 2006.
Mirochnick, Y., Rubenstein, M., Guinan, P.: Targeting of biotinylated oligonucleotides to prostate tumors with antibody-based delivery vehicles. J. Drug Targeting 15:342-350, 2007.
Rubenstein, M., Tsui, P., Guinan, P.: Bispecific antisense oligonucleotides having binding sites directed against an autocrine regulated growth pathway and bcl-2 for the treatment of prostate cancer. Med. Oncol. 24:189-196, 2007.
Rubenstein, M., Tsui, P., Guinan, P.: Treatment of MCF-7 breast cancer cells employing mono- and bispecific antisense oligonucleotides having binding specificity toward proteins associated with autocrine regulated growth and BCL-2. Med. Oncol. 25: 182-186, 2008.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Urological Association
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Society for Basic Urological Research
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry