Lili Du, PhDAssistant Professor, CAE
Office: AM 204
3201 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60616
- Transportation System Analysis
- Operations Research and Statistics
- Network Modeling and Algorithm Design
- Data Fusion
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, NEXTRANS transportation research center, School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 2012.
- Ph.D., Decision Sciences and Engineering Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008.
- M.S., Operations Research and Statistics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007.
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2003.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, Shanxi, China, 1998.
- Transportation systems analysis
- Sustainable multimodal transportation system design
- Infrastructure network design under disasters
- Real-time traffic sensing
- Sensor location
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Description of Research
- Information propagation in vehicle-to-vehicle communication networks
- Energy consumption issues in multimodal transportation networks
- Advance sensor location in dilemma zone protection systems
- Transportation network retrofit incorporating the uncertainty of disasters
- Stochastic online routing
- Real-time link traffic prediction
- Yin Hang, Lili Du, Qu Min, and Srinivas Peeta (2013). Designing Solar Cooling Systems Using Optimization and Central Composite Design Techniques. Renewable Energy, 67-78.
- Lili Du, Anuj Sharma, and Srinivas Peeta (2012). Optimal Advance Detector Location for Green Termination Systems on High Speed Isolated Intersections. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(10), 1404-1418.
- Lili Du, Srinivas Peeta, and Yong Hoon Kim (2012). Adaptive Information Fusion Models to Estimate the Short-Term Travel Time Distribution. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(1), 235-252.
- Lanshan Han and Lili Du (2012). On a Link-Based Day-to-Day Traffic Assignment Model. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(1), 72-84.
- Lili Du and Satish Ukkusuri (2010). The Relative Mobility of Vehicles Improves the Performance of Information Flow in Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks. Networks and Spatial Economics 10, 209-240.
- Lili Du, Satish Ukkusuri, Wilfredo F. Yushimito Del Valle, and Shivkumar Kalyanaraman (2009). Optimization Models to Characterize the Broadcast Capacity of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 17(6), 571-585.
- Satish Ukkusuri and Lili Du (2008). Geometric Connectivity of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: Analytical Characterization. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 16(5), 615-634.
- Zhenggang Dan, Linning Cai, Lili Du, and Li Zheng (2006). Load Balancing of the Vehicle Routing Problem. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology) 46(11), 1945-1948.
- Sunderesh Heragu, Lili Du, Ronald Mantel, and Peter Schuur (2005). A Mathematical Model for Warehouse Design and Product Allocation. International Journal of Production Research 43(2), 327-338.
Professional Society Memberships
Active member of Transportation Research Board Transportation Network Modeling Committee (ADB30)
Active member of Transportation Research Board Technology Transfer Committee (ABG30).
Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Business Analytics.