John L. AndersonIIT President
Professor of Chemical Engineering
Office: Perlstein Hall, Room 223
Web: Office of the President Web Site
- B.S. from University of Delaware, Newark (Chemical Engineering, 1967)
- M.S. from University of Illinois, Urbana (Chemical Engineering, 1969)
- Ph.D. from University of Illinois, Urbana (Chemical Engineering, 1971)
- Electrokinetic phenomena
- Electrophoresis of complex particles
- Transport in porous media and gels
- Membrane separations
- Fluid dynamics at low Reynolds numbers
- National Academy of Engineering, 1992
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2005
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2001
- Award for “Outstanding Professional Accomplishments in the Field of Academics,” AIChE, Pittsburgh Section, 1999
- Fellow of The American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
- Alumni Wall of Fame, University of Delaware, 1993
- “Electrokinetic- and Thermocapillary-Flow-Driven Aggregation of Particles and Bubbles on Surfaces,” in Transport Processes in Bubbles, Drops, and Particles, D. De Kee and R. P. Chhabra, editor, Taylor & Francis, p. 55–78, (2002) (with P. J. Sides, H. Kasumi, S. A. Guelcher, and Y. E. Solomentsev).
- “Electrophoresis of Complex and Interacting Particles,” in Interfacial Electrokinetics and Electrophoresis, A. V. Delgado, editor, Marcel Dekker, p. 147–172, (2001) (with D. Velegol and Y. Solomentsev).
- “Electrophoresis of Nonuniformly Charged Chains,” in Macro-ion Characterization: From Dilute Solutions to Complex Fluids, K. S. Schmitz, editor, American Chemical Society, Washington, D.C., (1994) (with Y. Solomentsev).
“Diffusion of Insulin-like Growth Factor-I and Ribonuclease Through Fibrin Gels,” Biophysical Journal, 92, 4444–4450 (with J. V. Nauman, P. G. Campbell, and F. Lanni).
“Solvent Effects on the Permeability of Membrane Supported Gels,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 41, 464–472 (2002) (with K. Buehler).
“Two-Particle Dynamics on an Electrode in ac Electric Fields,” Advances in Colloid & Interface Science, 96, 131–142 (2002) (with J. Kim, S. Guelcher, and S. Garoff).
“Effects of Zeta Potential and Electrolyte on Particle Interactions on an Electrode Under ac Polarization,” Langmuir, 18, 5387–5391 (2002) (with J. Kim, S. Garoff, and P. J. Sides).
“Two-Particle Dynamics On Electrodes,” Electrophoretic Deposition: Fundamentals and Applications, Proceedings Volume 2002–21, 191–197, (2002) (with J. Kim, S. Garoff, and P. J. Sides).
“Aggregation of Pairs of Particles on Electrodes During Electrophoretic Deposition,” Powder Technology, 110, 90–97, (2000) (with S. Guelcher and Y. Solomentsev).
“Measuring Colloidal Forces Using Differential Electrophoresis,” Langmuir, 16, 7, 3372–3384 (2000) (with D. Velegol and S. Garoff).
“Aggregation Dynamics for Two Particles During Electrophoretic Deposition at Steady Fields,” Langmuir, 16, 9208–9216 (2000) (with Y. Solomentsev, S. A. Guelcher, and M. Bevan).
“Thermocapillary Flow and Aggregation of Bubbles on a Solid Wall,” J. Colloid and Interface Science, 232, 111–120 (2000) (with H. Kasumi, Y. E. Solomentsev, S. A. Guelcher, and P. J. Sides).
“Tangential Forces Between Non-Touching Colloidal Particles,” Physical Review Letters, 83, 1243–1246 (1999) (with D. Velegol, S. Catana, and S. Garoff).