Mahesh Krishnamurthy, Ph.D.Assistant Professor
- Design and analysis of Power electronic systems
- Design, analysis and optimization of electric machines
- Analysis and Implementation adjustable speed drives
- Energy storage in automotive systems
- Advanced drivetrain architectures for HEVs, PHEVs, EVs and wind/hydro turbine systems
- Ph.D., EE, University of Texas, 2008
- M.S., EE, University of Missouri–Rolla, 2004
- B.E., Industrial Electronics, Amrawati University, India, 2001
- Distinguished Lecturer for the IEEE- Vehicular Technology Society (2011-2012)
- Listed in the 30th Pearl Anniversary Edition of Marquis Who's Who in the World (2012), 61st and 67th Editions of Marquis who’s who in America (2007 and 2013).
- Recipient of 2006-2007 IEEE-Vehicular Technology Society-Transportation Electronics Fellowship.
- Recipient of Rudolph Herman pre-doctoral fellowship at the University of Texas- Arlington (2004-2008).
- Recipient of 2006-2007 UTA- Energy Systems Research Center Fellowship.
- Recipient of University Gold medal in Industrial Electronics at Amrawati University (2001).
- Diagnostic techniques for the measurement of mutual inductance in a Switched Reluctance Machine, US patent# 12/140,232.
- Switched Reluctance Machine, US provisional application # 12/768,967.
- Apparatus and method for permanent magnet electric machine condition monitoring, US provisional application # 13/195, 461.
- Hydraulic Power Add-on for Electric, Plug-in Hybrid and Fuel Cell Vehicles, disclosure filed with Illinois Institute of Technology, 2013.
- 2 Chapters on “Battery Battery Management Systems” for “Hybrid Electric Vehicles and Electric Vehicles” and “Electrical Loads in Automotive Systems” in the Industrial Electronics Handbook.
- 1 Chapter on “Survivable Operation of Adjustable Speed drives” in IEEE- Electrical Engineering Encyclopedia.
Y. Da, X. Shi, M. Krishnamurthy*, “A New Approach to Fault Diagnostics for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machines Using Electromagnetic Signature Analysis”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume: 28 , Issue: 8, Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 4104 - 4112.
B. Bilgin, A. Emadi, M. Krishnamurthy*, “Comprehensive Evaluation of the Dynamic Performance of a 6/10 SRM for Traction Application in PHEVs,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Volume: 60, Issue: 7, Publication Year: 2013, Page(s): 2564 - 2575.
Y. Da, X. Shi, M. Krishnamurthy*, “A Novel Universal Sensor Concept for a PM Drive System Using Search Coils”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume: PP, Issue: 99, Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 5630 - 5638.
Z. Yang, M. Krishnamurthy, “Electromagnetic and Vibrational Characteristics of IPM over Full Torque-Speed Range”, 2013 IEEE- International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, Chicago, June 16-19, 2013.
R. Hou, X. Shi, M. Krishnamurthy, “Design and Implementation of a Novel Power Assisted Drivetrain for a Wheelchair”, 2012 IEEE- Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC), Dearborn, June 18-20, 2012.
I. Stamenkovic, N. Milivojevic, N. Schofield, M. Krishnamurthy*, A. Emadi, “Design, Analysis and Optimization of Ironless Stator Permanent Magnet Machines”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume: 28 , Issue: 5, Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 2527 - 2538.
N. Milivojevic, M. Krishnamurthy*, A. Emadi, I. Stamenkovic, “Theory and Implementation of a Simple Digital Control Strategy for Brushless DC Generators,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Volume: 26 , Issue: 11, Publication Year: 2011 , pp. 3345 – 3356.
N. Milivojevic, Y. Gurkaynak, A. Sathyan, Y. J. Lee, M. Krishnamurthy*, A. Emadi, “Stability Analysis of Digital PWM control for brush-less DC motors in motoring and generating modes,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Volume: 59 , Issue: 1, Publication Year: 2012, pp. 343 - 351.
P. C. Desai, M. Krishnamurthy*, N. Schofield, A. Emadi, “Novel Switched Reluctance Machine Configuration with Higher Number of Rotor Poles than Stator Poles: Concept to Implementation”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Volume 57, Issue 2, Feb. 2010, pp. 649 - 659.
S. Dusmez, B. Bilgin, S. Bekiarov, A. Khaligh, M. Krishnamurthy, “A Simple Control Scheme for Active Power Filtering in Ultracapacitor Assisted Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles”, 2012 IEEE- Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC), Dearborn, June 18-20, 2012.
G. Raman, M. Krishnamurthy, R. C. Ramachandran, C. Pereira, X. Shi, Y. Jiang, M. Price, and M. Arnold, “Test Bed for Acoustic Assessment of Small Wind Turbine Drive-Trains,” Fourth International Meeting on Wind Turbine Noise, Rome Italy, April 12-14, 2011.
B. Bilgin, A. Emadi, M. Krishnamurthy, “Design Considerations for a Universal Input Battery Charger Circuit for PHEV Applications”, 2010 IEEE- International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE) Conference, Bari, Italy, Jul 4-7.