Enter the Program Name exactly as it is entered in the data entry page.ECE
Enter Department Name and Program name to populate page.
- Biomedical Engineering = BME
- Civil, Architectural and
Environmental Engineering = CAE
- Chemical and Biological Engineering = ChBE
- Electrical and Computer Engineering = ECE
- Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering = MMAE
Program: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
ECE Undergraduate Programs
The educational objectives of the ECE undergraduate electrical engineering program are that:
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of electrical engineers.
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced study if they so desire.
- Graduates will assume leadership roles in their communities and/or professions.
In order that the BSEE program achieves its objectives, the ECE Faculty expects that a student who completes the program will
- be able to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- be able to design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret the resulting data;
- be able to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints;
- be able to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
- be able to identify, formulate, and solve technical problems;
- have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- have a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, lifelong learning;
- have a knowledge of contemporary issues;
- be able to use techniques, skills, and tools of modern engineering practice;