To officially kick off the Commencement celebration, IIT is hosting Graduate Salute on Monday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 23 from noon–7:00 pm in Hermann Hall Ballroom. Attendance is only necessary on one of these two dates, not both. Graduate Salute is an important event that will help you prepare for Commencement.
At Graduate Salute you will:
- Pick up your regalia (cap and gown) and guest tickets for the Commencement ceremony. You must present your student ID or other photo ID in order to receive your items.
- Receive information from the Career Management Center on your job search.
- Talk to the IIT Alumni Association and learn how to stay in touch with IIT after you graduate.
- Order your personalized graduation announcements and class ring.
- Have a picture taken wearing your cap and gown. There is no obligation to purchase a photo even if you have one taken.
Please note: You can only claim regalia and tickets for yourself. Students that filled out the online RSVP by the February deadline are eligible to receive four guest tickets. Students that missed the deadline must be put on a waitlist with their Academic Unit Planner for tickets.
Mark your calendars to attend Graduate Salute on one of the two days! Shuttles will run between the Downtown Campus and Main Campus for this event (see attached schedule). For more information about Graduate Salute and what to do if you cannot attend, click here.
Questions? Make sure you contact the correct department:
- Undergraduate Student Application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Student Application questions: email@example.com
- Diploma questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Services questions: email@example.com
- International student questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commencement ceremony questions: email@example.com