Join us for a fun, free, family interactive event with displays and presentations that will excite children about science and engineering. The DuPage Engineers Week Expo includes cryogenic freezing with a few controlled explosions, model airplanes and a wind tunnel exhibit, robots, bicycle power, load testing and destruction, static electricity, levers and pulleys, building molecules and hands-on activities with ZOOM®, Design Squad, LEGO® Robotics, and the DuPage Children’s Museum. This event is free and open to the public.
You do not have to be an engineer to enjoy the 28th Annual DuPage Area Engineers Week Expo. The Expo is geared toward children in K-8th Grade, however, all ages will enjoy this event! The Expo will be held from 1o:30 am – 3:30 pm on Saturday, February 25 at IIT’s Rice Campus, 201 East Loop Road, Wheaton, IL.
Expo Demonstrations and Presentations
• Mr. Freeze Cryo Show – cryogenics using Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) which freezes various objects
• LEGO® Robotics – LEGO® blocks and laptop computers are used to demonstrate the principles of robotics
• ZOOM into Engineering – Hands-on projects demonstrating engineering principles
• Design Squad – see the PBS program that enables teenagers to design and build
• DuPage Children’s Museum – test yourself with the engineering challenges
• All About Flight – learn why airplanes fly and make a “launchable” rocket or airplane to take home.
• Fascinating Electrical Gadgets – See the history of electricity and some fascinating electrical gadgets!
• Working Bikes – see how much power you can generate by pedaling a bike
• 4,500 Years of Structural Engineering in 30 Minutes – building design from the pyramids to skyscrapers
• Ask An Engineer – ask your questions to engineers
• Computer History – see how computers have changed over the years
• SWEet Flight – Learn about what makes objects fly and engineering terms related to flight.
• Light and Color – Interactive displays about light, color and optics
• Non-DestructiveTesting – Display of NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) equipment and how they are used to evaluate materials
• IIT – Robots – IIT students demonstrate the engineering design process used in robots
• IEEE-WIE – Join our Techno-savvy ladies as they demonstrate how to make a motherboard, illustrate how wind power works, and teach you how to think computationally.
Engineers Week Alumni Breakfast
A special breakfast for IIT alumni and their families will be held at 9:30 am. After breakfast, alumni are invited to participate in one of three exclusive presentations available to this group. Please RSVP by February 21 to Lauren Shelby at 312.567.5030 or email@example.com for the alumni event.