The university requires that all faculty, staff, and students provide up-to-date addresses, telephone numbers, and emergency contact information. The goal is to enable the university to reach emergency contacts in case of a personal emergency for an IIT community member.
Additionally, all students, faculty, and staff should register for IIT Alert, the university’s emergency mass communication system. The system is used to notify the community via phone, SMS or email, in the event of a severe weather, active criminal, fire, or other emergency affecting one or more campuses.
The annual update of this information will begin January 10, 2014.
NOTE: IT TAKES TWO STEPS
1. Upon logging into myIIT for the first time after January 10, 2014, you will be asked to provide emergency contact information on a form:
Students, faculty, and staff
• Personal emergency contact info
• Missing person/emergency contact (optional)
• Local address (if not currently living in university housing)
Submit the form.
2. Next register with IIT Alert at http://iit.edu/iitalert
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.