The Spring 2014 Career Fair is scheduled from noon – 4 pm on Thursday, January 30, 2014. The Career Management Center (CMC) is announcing some new tools to use at the event:
• Better Weekdays: A tool that allows you to match your unique strengths with the companies attending the career fair. 1) Complete career assessment and profile here. If prompted for an access code, use 1409001439. 2) Better Weekdays matches your profile to company opportunities and notifies the participating company of your results.
• RecPass: Pre-register for the career fair and get a QR code pre-printed name badge and upload your resume so that your interactions with companies at the Career Fair will be paperless and saves you time. 1) Sign up for RecPass. 2) Upload your resume to your Recpass account. 3) When visiting an employer at the career fair, simply scan your QR Code at the employer table. Employers immediately have your resume and personal contact information.
• Pre-register online here.
• Pre-register in person: Tuesday, January, 21 – Friday, January, 24 from 1-5 pm in HH Room 111 or Monday, January 27 – Wednesday, January 29 from noon-2 pm at MTCC Bridge
• Badge Pickup Available: January 21-24 from 1-5 pm in HH Room 111 or January 27-29 from noon-2 pm at MTCC Bridge. You must have your IIT ID for pick up.
• Register at career fair on January 30 from noon-4 pm. Please bring an electronic copy of your resume.
• Apps for smartphones, tablets, and computers will be available which will enable you to research employers and know where each employer is located at the career fair. See the CMC website for instructions.
• List of employers attending available on CMC website. Changes daily so check regularly.
Spring 2014 Career Fair – Faster, better for you.
Be sure to attend upcoming workshops to get prepared and have your resume reviewed by a career advisor in Hermann Hall 113.
Contact the CMC at 312.567.6800 or email CMC with questions.