Illinois Institute of Technology is a member of the NRF (National Retail Federation), which is the world’s largest retail trade association. NRF provides information on the retail industry.
The following benefits are available:
• University-wide membership in the National Retail Federation and Shop.org, NRF’s digital division, which includes access to members-only research and webinars.
• Networking opportunities for educators, including special events and exclusive access to our LinkedIn Group for Educators.
• One free educator pass to Retail’s BIG Show and the Shop.org Summit ($1,450 combined value); 50 percent discount off the non-member registration rate for additional educators, and discounted registration for currently-enrolled students.
• Unlimited membership in the NRF Student Association for any currently-enrolled student at Illinois Tech.
• Student eligibility for NRF’s Next Generation Scholarship which awards a $2,500 travel scholarship for Retail’s BIG Show to each nominating university, and up to a $25,000 scholarship for one top recipient.
• Ability for students to participate in the NRF Foundation’s Student Challenge, a business case-competition designed for students to display their business acumen to retail executives, that awards nearly $50,000 in scholarships to winning teams.
• Information and resources for the following retail business units: Finance / Credit; Government Relations / Legal; Human Resources; Information Technology; Loss Prevention; Marketing and Advertising; Store Operations; and Supply Chain & Merchandise Planning.
Click here to view career opportunities for all majors: https://nrf.com/career-center
In addition, the NRF offers SmartBrief which is a daily e-newsletter highlighting the top retail news of the day. Visit for a complimentary subscription.
Conferences, summits, and exclusive networking dinners with opportunities for relationship building includes:
• NRF – Annual Convention & EXPO held annually in January
• Loss Prevention Conference & EXPO
• Shop.org Annual Summit
Register for myNRF (member-accessible) in order to review what is available.
Email Shirlean Williams, CMC Director, Employer Relations or call 312.567.6482.