The Student Health and Wellness Center will host a HIPAA update webinar from 1 – 2 pm on Wednesday, September 19. Location to be announced. If you are interested please email Melody McCray, firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the interactive webinar, you will:
- Learn an overview and update of HIPAA compliance and responsibilities as they relate to higher education.
- Understand arenas of campus that may be covered by HIPAA.
- Explore and understand the recent HITECH amendments to HIPAA.
- Understand “breach notification” regulations requiring entities covered by HIPAA to notify individuals when their health information is breached.
- Explore the intersection of HIPAA and FERPA on campus.
- Review “business associate contracts” with organizations that process claims for campus.