The Career Management Center has new Professional Development Workshops to help prepare you for new employment opportunities and the Spring Career Fair on February 23, 2012.
• Building On Experiences: Resumes & Cover Letters
• Interviewing With Confidence
• Job Search Strategies
• Creating Your Personal Brand: Using your virtual and in-person image as well as the 30 Second Elevator Pitch
• Social Media: Tools & Career Strategies
• LinkedIn: How To Create The Perfect Profile
• NACElink: How To Search The Job Database
• Introduction to Co-ops & Internships
• Communicating Effectively: Know your communication style and that of your Interviewer
• Communicating Clearly: Using Tone and Pitch to clearly express yourself in an interview
• NonVerbal Communication: What are you showing in an interview?
Professional development workshops will be available weekly throughout the semester, beginning January 9. Check the calendar on the CMC website for dates, times, and locations.
Cogent Data Solutions will be conducting open interviews from 10 am – 2 pm on Wednesday, January 11 for US and international students in computer science, computer information systems, computer engineering, software engineering, information technology and management, and business administration. Interviews will be held in the Crown Room of Hermann Hall. Dress for success and bring your resume!