An official transcript of a student's academic record at Illinois Institute of Technology is available only through the Office of the Registrar, upon the authorized request of the student. Illinois Institute of Technology has partnered with Credentials Inc. to take online requests for transcript orders.
- Any financial hold on a student's account must be cleared before a transcript will be released.
- Payment for orders must be received before a transcript request will be processed.
- There is a $12 fee for each transcript, which includes U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail (regular mail).
- Federal Express (FedEx) delivery service, which provides tracking information, is available for an additional fee.
- Official transcripts are packaged in a sealed security envelope. If the seal is broken, the transcript is no longer deemed official.
- Attachments can be included with the transcript per your request. See the FAQ below for more information.
- If more than one transcript is being sent to the same address, they will be shipped in one large envelope, containing each individually sealed transcript.
How To Order
- Log in to the myIIT portal.
- Under the Academics tab, navigate to the "Banner Student Self Service" channel.
- Click on the "Order Official Transcripts" link. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript request has been processed.
- It is preferable to log in to the myIIT portal and click on the "Order Official Transcripts" link in the "Banner Student Self Service" channel (same procedure as above).
- If your portal account is disabled or to request an alumni portal account, please contact the IIT Office of Technology Services (OTS) Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that alums who graduated before 2010 will be asked to complete the Request an Alumni Email Account form and should allow processing time for such.
Former Students (who were not awarded an IIT degree):
- Click here to complete the online order process and pay by credit card. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript has been processed and mailed.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you may contact our service provider, Credentials Inc., at 847.716.3005 for assistance with placing an order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send an attachment?
Yes! When you order online, you have the option to mark a checkbox noting that you will send an attachment. After submitting your order, you must email to email@example.com, fax to 312.567.3313, mail, or drop off at the One Stop (McCormick Tribune Campus Center in Room 106) the authorization form and attachment(s) and we will include it with your transcript.
Where is my order?
To check the status of your order, please go to the Credentials Self-ServicePlus page. You will need your order number and Social Security number or student ID number to sign in.
Can I cancel my order?
To cancel your order, go to the Credentials Self-ServicePlus page. You will need your order number and Social Security number or student ID number to sign in. You may only cancel orders that have not been filled.
Additional Assistance and Questions
If you have any questions regarding the online request system, please call our service provider, Credentials Inc., at 847.716.3005 and they will be able to answer any questions or assist you with ordering online. Please note that there is a surcharge for operator-entered orders.