Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF)
IIT tenured and tenure-track faculty members are invited to submit multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary proposals for funding from the Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF). The maximum award will not exceed $25,000. Proposals (including the budget and appendices) are limited to eight pages. An original of the proposal is due by Monday November 18, 2013, at 5:00 PM to Office of Research via email to Maggie Garcia at email@example.com (IIT Tower, Suite 7D7-1).
For the 2014 award period, ERIF proposals:
- Must be based on the collaboration of two or more faculty members from at least two different academic units. The collaborators may be designated as co-PIs, or as PI and co-PI(s).
- Must be multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary in scope.
- Show substantial promise for developing a larger proposal for external funding. Each proposal must include strong evidence that the PIs have identified external funding agencies with potential interest in the proposal.
- May not be used to supplement existing grants or contracts.
Additional proposal characteristics may include:
- High risk or innovative ideas that need pilot funding at the pre-competitive stage; or
- New initiatives for the organization of multidisciplinary research programs leading to the development of research centers or consortia.
Applicants must use a standard proposal format.
The budget is limited to tuition and stipend expenses for students, except for a small amount of funding (up to 5%) that may be allocated for supplies. The award period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Recipients will be required to submit a mid-term progress report and a final technical report.