NSF CAREER Proposal Announcement
2014 deadlines of the National Science Foundation CAREER proposal, have not been determined. Following are the 2013 dates - the 2014 deadlines will be similar. NOTE: Because this competition results in a large number of proposals generated by IIT faculty, proposals not submitted by these deadlines risk not being submitted to NSF.
For administrative portions of your proposal, the deadlines are:
- July 17 : BIO, CISE, EHR, ENG
- July 19 : GEO, MPS, SBE, OPP
- July 22 : BIO, CISE, EHR, ENG
- July 24 : GEO, MPS, SBE, OPP
- Hold a doctoral degree in a field of science or engineering supported by NSF
- Be untenured
- Have not previously received an NSF PECASE or CAREER
- Be employed in a tenure-track position (or tenure-track-equivalent position) as an assistant professor (or equivalent title) .
- Associate Professors, with our without tenure, are not eligible for the CAREER program.
- Proposers may submit only one CAREER proposal per annual competition, and may not participate in more than three CAREER competitions. Proposals that are not reviewed (i.e., are withdrawn or are returned without review) do not count toward the three-competition limit.
Frequently asked questions
CAREER submission documents