IIT College of Psychology
The evidence-based curriculum for IIT’s College of Psychology is a foundation for a commitment to teaching psychology as a science. The college’s quantitative approach, along with outstanding research and internship opportunities, train you to lead change and measure results. Both coursework and field experience will prepare you to excel in graduate school or a career.
The school has a proud history of producing influential research. It is committed to using assessment as a core tool for maximizing the performance and quality of life for all, regardless of ability or disability.
Psychology at IIT occupies a place among IIT’s other colleges: law, engineering, architecture, business, design, applied technology, and sciences and letters.
As a student in the College of Psychology you will have an opportunity to
- Participate in interdisciplinary academic collaborations
- Be exposed to global partnerships
- Become an exceptionally skilled psychologist who understands both the science and practice of helping people
- Study in a cross-disciplinary atmosphere, including IIT's respected Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) program
- Customize your education
- Work in immersion research, consulting, and opportunities that build real-world skills.
Courses for the B.S. in Psychology include
- Human Behavior
- Industrial Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Learning Theory
- Personality Theory
- Applied Research
Specialty Tracks for Undergraduates
- Culture, Conflict, and International Relations
- Psychology of Emerging Technologies
- The Human Environment
- B.S./M.S. in Personnel and Human Resource Development
- B.S./M.S. Rehabilitation Counseling
- Human Resources
- Organizational Psychology
- Psychology (general for non-majors)
- Rehabilitation Services