What is the English Conversation Program?
This is a cross cultural dialogue between international students and domestic native English speakers at IIT including American students, faculty, and staff. The members of the English Conversation Program can attend informal meetings called “Talk Time” that will discuss diversity and cultural issues throughout the academic year. The goal of this program is to provide meaningful interaction between the US and international students.
Why should you apply: Native English Speakers
- To learn first hand about another culture, especially beneficial if you are thinking about Study Abroad
- To gain experience working with people from other countries
Why should you apply: International Students
- To learn first-hand about American life
- To share your culture with an American
- To improve your conversational English ability
Come to join the casual meetings where you can discuss a variety of cultural issues with native English speakers to brush up your conversational language skills!
Socialize with other students, faculty and staff at IIT.
Bring your own lunch. Dessert & refreshments will be provided
Sign up for the upcoming talk times will be announced through the Talk-Time email list Sign up below to be added to the distribution list!
* You must sign-up for the English Conversation Program to participate in these gatherings.
Are you interested in learning more about the Talk-Time events?
For Intl Students, faculty & staff
For English speakers
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
English Conversation Program Coordinator