The Illinois Tech Men’s Volleyball team hosted its final regular season home match on March 18 in the Keating Sports Center. Illinois Tech fell in straight sets to Wittenberg University.
- Wittenberg 3, Illinois Tech 0 (25-9, 25-22)
How it Happened
- The first set was all Wittenberg as the Scarlet Hawks struggled to gain traction offensively. An early 7-0 run put the Tigers up 8-2. The Ohio school slowly built on the lead in a dominant win.
- The Scarlet Hawks came out of the gate much stronger in the second set, building a lead as high as four at 14-10. When Wittenberg tied the score up at 14, the Hawks worked to build the lead back up to 20-16. The Tigers put on a fierce late run, outscoring the Hawks 9-2 the rest of the way for the set two victory.
- In the third set, the Tigers carried over their late momentum in set two, building a 6-2 lead to start. The Scarlet Hawks would pull to within two, but the Tigers held strong and pulled away for the win.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lukasz Kupiec led the team with two service aces, 11 kills, and 13 assists. He also had two assisted blocks.
- David Allen chipped in six kills.
- Derek Bostic led all players with 13 digs. Evan Robeck led all players with three assisted blocks.
- Men’s Volleyball will travel to Milwaukee on Thursday, March 23 to take on Cardinal Stritch University at 7 p.m.