The Illinois Tech Baseball team played its final game of the spring trip to Arizona on March 18, losing 8-1 to Macalester College.
- Macalester: eight runs, nine hits, zero errors
- Illinois Tech: one run, nine hits, five errors
How It Happened
- Zachary Dickey hit a sacrifice fly to centerfield to bring in DJ Rybski, giving the Hawks a 1-0 lead in the top of the first.
- The Scots quickly answered in the bottom of the first, scoring four runs on four hits, with one man left on base.
- Macalester put the game out of reach in the third, scoring four runs on three hits. The Hawks committed two errors in the frame.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shortstop Tyler Tucker had the hot hand at the plate, going three-for-five.
- Dickey had the only RBI for the Hawks, going one-for-three at the plate.
- Kyle Bumpass pitched three innings; giving up eight hits, striking out four, and walking none.
Stats to Know
- Hawks pitchers gave up only one walk, one less than the Scots who had two.
- Illinois Tech left 11 players on base compared to seven for Macalester.
- Both teams had nine hits.
- The Scarlet Hawks will head home to play a doubleheader against Wisconsin Lutheran on Saturday, March 25 at Ed Glancy Field. The games are slated to begin at noon and 3 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.